Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How much tax gets taken out of paycheck in Israel


How much tax gets taken out of paycheck in Israel?
I will be working in Israel as a teacher. My salary will be 70,795 shekels. I would like to know how much money gets taken out in taxes. I am single, if that makes a difference.
Israel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I assume 70,795 shekels is your yearly salary, your monthly would be 5899,58 shekels. At any rate use this site to figure net salary http://realaliyah.tripod.com/taxes.htm You will be paying Income Tax (Mas Hachnasah) Social Security Tax (Bituach Leumi) Health Tax (Dmay Briyut)
2 :
Hi, you will pay the following taxes: (per month, assuming the salary you stated was a yearly one) social security: 95 NIS health insurance: 203 NIS IRS: 70 NIS also please remember that israel has a 16% VAT, and customs are pretty high.
3 :
6000 sk
4 :
Heck, I have to pay tax to Israel and I an in the US. And Israel has universal health care! $4 Billion Dollars in Direct Military Aid to Israel! And for what?