Sunday, March 7, 2010

Is there a program that would allow me to work with orphans in Israel


Is there a program that would allow me to work with orphans in Israel?
I am thinking about spending a year in Israel and really want to do community service. However, I really do need some form of income so I can survive. My first choice would be some sort of orphanage. I can't really afford to pay thousands of dollars to be a part of some special organization. Is there anykind of program that wouldn't charge me but set me up with a job and connect me with an orphanage I can help out at?
Israel - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Pratt, Maybe you can start here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115770490382
2 :
I'm sure that there is something you can do. Unfortunately, I know of nothing personally; however, I would contact an Israeli diplomatic mission and see if they know of anything. Another idea is the Kibbutz system. It might be anachronistic, but at one point they were the orphanages of Israel. I don't think they serve that purpose anymore; however, who knows, one might still act as one.