Thursday, July 7, 2011

Does a GPS work everywhere in Israel


Does a GPS work everywhere in Israel?
Last time I was there 3 years ago my GPS (it was the best Israeli GPS on the market) worked properly in some places and in other places it got me lost
Israel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Is this one of the ones you use in your car to get turn-by-turn directions? It might be that the database of local streets isn't up to date. I have one I got just a few months ago, and it works fine in any place we've used it in the US. But when we went to Canada last week, it was confused. I don't think the Canadian street database is as up to date. Try looking for a GPS that specifically lists israel as one of the countries defined in the database, or see if there is a new map definition that you can download or install. Another problem might be poor reception. If you're in an area with poor reception, such as a city with tall buildings, it may not get a good signal from multiple satellites, so it won't know where it is as well as it might otherwise. Try moving to an open area with a large view of the sky.
2 :
I was visiting Israel the last few weeks and used a GPS and it was great, you should download the latest, updated version http://www.gegereka.com/?query=gps%20israel%20update
3 :
You should try the Arab GPS system. Guaranteed to get you lost in the desert for at least three days.
4 :
The technology in the last 3 years has come far significantly. As long as it says its compatible in Israel, I don't see why it shouldn't.