Friday, July 1, 2011

Has anyone ever traveled to Lebanon, after visiting Israel on the same trip? How does that work


Has anyone ever traveled to Lebanon, after visiting Israel on the same trip? How does that work?!?
I am aware that Lebanon will not allow prior travel to Israel. I have heard that I must request that Israel NOT stamp my passport. I am flying to Amman - then Tel Aviv - then Amman - then Beirut. If my passport shows some "unaccounted" time (the time spent in Israel), will this cause a problem when I arrive in Lebanon? I am looking for advice from people that have actually done this. I am not interested in opinions. Please, no "opinions!!!!" I have plenty of friends that can provide opinions.
Other - Africa & Middle East - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can avoid the "problem" of having an Israeli stamp in your passport by telling/asking the passport control officer not to stamp it, what he will do then is stamp a special small form and put it in your passport, THE END. Remember, YOU MUST ASK FOR IT !!! By the way, going back from Israel to Jordan, Jordanians might stamp your passport, so check if the Israeli "trick" is done by the Jordanians too !!
2 :
If you have two passports, then you can show one to the immigration officers in Israel and another for Lebanon. You may be lucky if your passport does not get an Israeli stamp, however Jordanian custom officers will put a stamp revealing that you entered Jordan via Israel. You better forget about either Lebanon or Israel.
3 :
You have to request in Israel they don't stamp your passport, let them stamp it on a separate sheet of paper. As simple as that! You are not allowed in Lebanon if you have an israeli stamp WHATSOEVER- althought the other way around works.