Saturday, December 1, 2012

I would like to work for the CIA, majoring in Jewish Studies, International Relations. Good languages


I would like to work for the CIA, majoring in Jewish Studies, International Relations. Good languages? ?
If I go on this track (I am rethinking pre-med) I would continue with Hebrew and study abroad in either a city in Lithuania or Prague. I would likely learn Czech. Is Hebrew and Czech worthless languages? So many people are learning Arabic it just isn't rare anymore. I think Hebrew would stand out, and Czech would be a very rare language to know. I'd also take up to advanced German, likely. I'm counting on my "Jewish Studies major" working alongside my "International Relations" major, to possibly make me a candidate for work concerning Israel. What do you all think? The only more useful language that I can learn abroad is Russian, but there are many people that speak native Russian, so it isn't very helpful.
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Langley is less concerned about your major than about your skills, consistency in thoughts and behaviors, and of course, the fewer skeletons in your closet the better. Of course, if you are recruited by them, you stand a better chance.... Languages are good........ the application is like 30 pages long.....They have a very long series of tests - psych profiling mostly....... if anyone in your family ever got busted, voted commie, or ithey want to know about it..... there are reasons of course, but dont expect any answers. It isnt all like we see on TV etc: very few do the fun stuff........ mostly paper pushers, computer data analysts....... pay isnt all that good to start either. BUT if you really want it, why not talk to their recruiters? you can get better info from them, but do remember that they really dont ever say much..... Also, you can never talk about anything to anyone ever...... like being in witness protection.......
2 :
I'm IBRAHIM EL SHAFEY, Professional Arabic language teacher for non-arabic speakers ONLINE.. Actually, If you interesting of send me your e-mail and communicat with me.. Cairo - Egypt +2-0109758962. learnarabiconline@yahoo.com