Monday, September 14, 2009

Finding work in Israel for a forgeiner non jew


Finding work in Israel for a forgeiner non jew.?
Im Irish and currently in Israel on a tourist visa, I have spent a month living close to Tel aviv and my mind is made up I want to live here for now. I'm 21 and I have teaching english cert, TEFL. Will it be hard to gain work on an actual working permit? From what I hear it sounds like it. I would work any job and have good bar expierence although my preferred ocupation is teaching english. Any tips suggestions or anything will be appreciated as I've fallen in love with the place and can't imagine leaving anytime soon, thanks
Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
from what i've seen on the net, it's pretty hard for a non jew to get a work visa my guess is your best bet is to find an employer while you are here, and get him to request a work visa thru official channels. otherwise working without a visa doesnt sound like a good experience. you're other choices would probably be marrying an israeli or converting, or maybe becoming a foriegn jouralist
2 :
I'm sure Israel has a labour ministry you can contact. The Irish embassy might be able to help too. If you have a good relationship with your employer(s), ask them to point you in the right direction.
3 :
Hi! I live in Israel and theres an institute for teaching english language, and I think they were looking for English native speakers .. Sorry I don't have any more details .. But if youre interested then let me know through the email : Fadiokay@hotmail.com ... I just would like to help! take care