Saturday, August 14, 2010

Will I be able to work in Israel and the United States


Will I be able to work in Israel and the United States?
I am an 18 year old Arab-American born in Jerusalem, currently in the US after spending all my life in Jerusalem. I am about to decide what career path to take, I want something that will always leave me the option of going back to Israel and having a job in what I learned. I was thinking Radiation Therapy or Environmental Engineering. I am good with all sciences, and love them all equally, I have no interest in any subject more than others, I just know I am not a literature person. Please take your time talking about this subject if you have useful information for me. Thanks, Isa.
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi Isa, Well, the U.S. really needs scientists right now -- so it sounds to me like you'd be successful in radiation therapy OR engineering. Maybe you should take a variety of science courses before choosing a major and see which ones interest you the most. I'm American but I worked two years in Tel Aviv, so I think I can say that with a science major you'll be able to find a job in either country (and in many others as well!) Study hard, do your best, and the right choices will make themselves clear to you as you learn more and more about what you enjoy most. Behatzlaha (sorry, I don't know how to say it in Arabic)!