Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What's it like to work in Israel


What's it like to work in Israel?
I've worked in many different countries, and I'm still in the process of looking for the right culture to suit me. My field is academia and design. I've been able to work out so far that I am not a fan of the cold professionalism of the anglosaxon and Germanic countries; I am horrified by what I've seen further east, and bored by French and Australasian approaches. I enjoyed working with Turks, Italians, and Latin Americans; they seem to display a human warmth and a passion even in business that is endearing and authentic. Now I wonder if I'd find some of that in Israel. After all, being authentic and seeing with the heart are Jewish attributes, aren't they? Would that make Israel a place with a bit of a twinkle in the eye to work in?
Israel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
kk
2 :
salaries are lower. hours are less. live life better. but don't come into Israel thinking it is full of Jews like you are used to in America. Here, they are very rough and tough as part of a culture. Sometimes we have to be because of all of the terrorist attacks. But I've learned that it is more of a brother kind of thing. Everyone feels so close to everyone they will talk to them about how many kids they should have after 30 secs of conversation. But ya, these aren't American Jews. Much Much more real. I don't mean to scare you off but you will develop a tougher skin. Come to Israel. It is awesome here.
3 :
You'll find it very difficult to live and work on that piece of land son. First off, the money is really lame. Basic salary is around 500 bucks and you'll have to pay at least 350 for rent (usually a shack with a bathroom to spare with a bunch of people you know nothing about). Also these folks have some real weird habits too. I'd stay away if I were you. Tommy
4 :
What's anglosaxon?