Tuesday, April 7, 2009

will my Sony Ericsson t226 work in israel if I buy and orange sym card


will my Sony Ericsson t226 work in israel if I buy and orange sym card?
I'm trying to figure out if it will work out of the country.
Israel - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The Sony Ericsson T226 is a dual band phone. You have to check what band they use in that part of the world. I don't know. The other thing is, that you probably got it from AT&T or Cingular. If you did, it's locked. This prevents you from using the phone with any other provider. So there's two things you have to do: 1. Check if your phone band can work in that part of the world. If it will work there then... 2. You have to get your phone unlocked. You can get your phone unlocked by going to one of those cheap cell phone shops and asking them. (This could break your phone.) What I suggest is if you are still paying for monthly service bills, you could ask Cingular to unlock the phone for you. Call customer support and tell them what you need to do. They should be able to tell you if you can use your phone there too.