Monday, December 14, 2009

Earning money whilst learning Hebrew in an Ulpan in Israel/ work visa


Earning money whilst learning Hebrew in an Ulpan in Israel/ work visa?
I've looked into Kibbutz Ulpans, I'm now looking into Ulpan Gordon in Tel Aviv (for learning Hebrew in Israel). Is there any way to earn money whilst studying at an Ulpan. For the Ulpan I would have a study visa. To work in Israel I'm under the impression I would need a B1 work visa, where it seems you are only allowed to work in a specific field, and only that one field, at that one company, that you have specified on your work visa. Therefore, I don't think it's possible for an immigrant to get a part-time job(s) whilst studying in Israel (and frustratingly I know jobs are available). I'm wondering if anyone knows differently, has any advice, or can point me in the direction of advice. I am not Jewish, I'm a UK citizen, and yes I'm sure this is what I want to do. Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help Shoshi - what you have said is very interesting! I hope you get the chance to write back if you read this. Is it really legal to work as a babysitter without a visa? Could you please tell me how you know this? The prospect is very encouraging for me! Thank you.
Israel - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Your best bet would be to find a job that doesn't require you to be a legal worker, such as babysitting or tutoring. Any other job would require you to get a work visa, but I'm pretty sure you are supposed to find work first and then bring a letter to the ministry of interior who deals with this stuff. Good luck! And kol hakavod!